Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Newest Treasures


Whenever I develop fondness on something, I always end up addicted to it. The addiction will last for a very long time and will soon develop into an obsession. I will search high and low just to acquire different facets of that thing. Say, there was a time when I got addicted to headbands. Before I know it, I have tons and some I barely use. I have many collections. Remember my Harry Potter stuff? 

My current obsessions are books from a particular author, Catherine Anderson. I am a regular at book sales.  On one of those trips to book sale, I found a book which looks stunning with its glittery cover.

This book

I love glittery things. I guess that’s the reason I noticed this book. I read the synopsis, I thought it was okay and paid for it. I really don’t expect much, thinking that it was just one of those romantic novels that will help satisfy my need for a dose of every day kilig (when Jed’s effort is not enough). Then something happened. I experienced something I haven’t experienced while reading a book. Half way through reading this book, I found myself crying and laughing at the same time, like a psycho. It occurred while I was on the road with my brother, he was driving and I was reading at the passenger seat. He noticed I’m laughing but I guess he didn’t see the glint in my eyes. I had to stop reading because laughing and crying at the same time shouldn’t be displayed in public. When you read a heart warming book it’s either you cry or you laugh. Doing both at same time seldom happens, at least that’s true for me. So anyway, I fell in love with this book and that’s when the obsession starts.

Since then, my trips to book sales are always because of Catherine Anderson’s books.  It’s like Catherine Anderson is writing for me. Her love stories are truly heart warming which makes me want to fall in love over and over again. Her books never fail to impress me. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she makes me see Jed in her male lead characters and she makes me love animals even more.  Her characters always have pets and she always conveys a message that animals deserve our respect and love.  

Now, my collection of Catherine Anderson’s novels is growing....
These books found permanent residence on my book shelf.

By the way, if you intend to follow my lead and read her books and if like me, you become obsess, I need to warn you not to invade book sales in Quezon City near my area or that would be your last trip to book sale. Kidding! It’s just that, I’m having difficulty looking for her books that I even give out my phone number to every book sale near me so they can contact me whenever they have new Catherine Anderson’s book. I spend considerable time searching their book shelves for her novels. Lately, I think I bought all available Catherine Anderson’s books in my area. For some reasons, her books cannot be found on leading bookstore such as Fully Booked, NBS or Power Books. Although, on my recent (last weekend) trip to Power Books I saw 3 copies of her novels but I already got those. So if ever you see her books during your trips to book sales I encourage you notify me. :p That would really make me happy.

PS. I found a new and I must say the best way to cover your precious books. You can read all about it on my Fun and Fabulous blog Click HERE


Thanks for being here. :)

35 comments:

  1. Ang cute mo sis! hihihi. Nakakarelate ako, pero di pa ako ngbabasa ng mga romance novels. Lol. Ma try nga. Na intriga ako sa Cherish ha. Same tau, the book cover need to impress me first. Then I read the blurb, then the first page. If I like those three elements, I hit the cashier. Weeee! Ok sis! Will look out for Catherine Anderson. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! thanks sis. let me know kung meron kang makikita ah? yeah same tayo. maganda ang cherish. try mo. ;)

      Delete
  2. LOL - when I saw the author. I remember the time you confess your obsession with Catherine Anderson's books. You told me not to go to Boo sale around Q.C. Hahaha. I would be glad if you'll send me the list of the novels you had so I could notify you just in case I saw one in our area. Tambay ako Booksale, pero don't worry, I'm looking for classics so Catherine's work are all yours for the taking. Love you twin sis. Email mo yung list mo sakin ah :) Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet twin sis! ikaw na! yes pwede ka ng hindi magbasa ng blog ko kasi alam mo na bago ko pa maiblog. wait for the list of books I need twin sis at kukulitin kita kung may nakita ka na. humanda ka! haha.. love you!

      Delete
  3. I will definitely drop by Book Sale next time and check if they have C. Anderson books :)
    Happy Reading! You should try Jodi Picoult, she's very good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Jodi Picoult, but i have some of her books already.. hehe..

      Delete
  4. I don't think I have read her books, but I have become obsessive with books :) I got obsessed with Artemis Fowl. I think it's one of the only book series' I have the entire collection of. At least, I hope I have all of them. If you haven't bought them all just yet maybe check online :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mark. Oh i haven't read any of artemis fowl. I'll check it. It's really an achievement to complete an entire collection of books from any writer. Well, when all else fails I'll definitely shop online.

      Delete
  5. Book Sale is the place to be!! I love her books too! I had a lot of books before. thanks to sendong for ruining my mini library >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that must be heart breaking for you. I will definitely cry if i lost my books like that. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  6. i also like to have my own collection, i told my wife about it already, to have some sort of a library in our future humble abode :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow sosyal. mini library talaga sa house. dream ko din yun. :)

      Delete
  7. Historical romance! Hehehehe. I have had a dose of Catherine Anderson's romance books. And same tayo! Tambay din ako sa booksale shop namin dito. Hehehe. Isang book palang ang nabasa ko by her, Seventh Heaven. Ganda. Full of drama. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww.. kakaaliw naman na nabasa mo yun. meron na ako nun kaso di ko pa nababasa. dami ko pang pending eh. :)

      Delete
  8. Ayan na hinanahanap ko sa fairy dust mo ate.. alam ko kasi dami mong books kaya i was wondering asan na iba.. pero d parin ngababago isip ko na pagyumaman ako ipagshoshopping kita ng bed niyo ni kuya Jed, books and of course dresses because i know that one of your passions is fashion.. at xmpre dahil parehas tayo mahilig sa food araw araw treat kita sa mga restaurants na gusto mo.. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow.. sana yumaman ka na now na. yung mga something borrowed and blue sa iba sila nakasama. dun sa mga halo-halong author. :)

      Delete
  9. pareho tayo ng pang-cover ng books! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ay galing. ikaw din pala. :) thanks sa dalaw

      Delete
  10. naintriga naman ako. adik din ako sa mga romance books but not the english one. yung mga tagalog haha got almost a hundred of those. haha =D sige kapag may nakita ako babalitaan kita. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww.. thanks jaid. sabihan mo talaga ako ah? I suggest you read her stories kasi maganda nad parang very Filipino din. :)

      Delete
  11. I should make myself familiarized with her books. Seeing this, Mayen, I want to buy and read read read.

    Have a lovely weekend!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. go buy and read read read.. ang saya lang ng maraming books.

      Delete
  12. p.s. girl, i'm so worried na kay Viju.. (blogwriter) nag-e-email ba kayo? haha! panic attack na to. haha ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga.. ako din eh. I haven't emailed her yet. isip ko kasi nagpapahinga lang. usually kasi one post a month sya diba? I hope she's okay.

      Delete
  13. Wow, andami mong libro. Hihi. Sana sipagin uli ako magbasa. Medyo pinapatay ng internet ang aking reading habits X_x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean sis. I used to read a lot, ngayon pasingit-singit na lang kung kelan pwede. Problem kasi I get dizzy reading when I'm in a moving vehicle eh yun lang naman madalas na pwede sana akong magbasa =(
    Good luck with your search for more of her books sis =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. bilib din naman ako sa iyo sa hilig magbasa ng mga libro...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of her before but I will keep a look out for her :) Luckily I don't get addicted to things that easily.. sort of :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    To find out, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it darling!! maybe we can follow each others blog?! XoXo

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  19. booksale is really one of the good place to find great books.i'll notify you if i found Catherine Anderson's novel. #HAPPYBLOGGING

    ReplyDelete
  20. wooowww! :O BOOKS! O_O I love reading books :) Keep it up! Interesting ung bagong book mo ha. It's great find talaga.

    Jewel Clicks

    ReplyDelete
  21. nakakatuwa ka naman.
    may obsession ako sa books pero hindi sa mga ganyang klase yong mga tipong magpapayaman lang.hahahaha.
    pag napunta akong bookstore dito ma check nga ang author na yan para sayo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. obsession indeed. pero i can relate. :) i already got mitch albom's books just because i was touched by 'tuesdays with morrie'. now i'm collecting emily griffin's because i got to see the movie 'something borrowed'. i girl's got to get what a girl's got to get talaga. :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Being a book worm is a great addiction!
    Kakainggit ka naman, you have time to read all those books! I miss my old me staying at our schools' libraries for 4-5hours reading my favorite books and magazines.
    Nakaka-mis ang maging studyante! ت


    P.S. Have you clicked on the REWARDS button on the left side of our blog?
    If you haven't yet then please come back and do so to earn points for you to avail the gift certificates from the merchant of your choice. ت

    http://fashionmoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment.