Friday, October 7, 2011

Casting my spell on broken things


On my last birthday Jed gave me money so I can buy myself gifts. One of the things I bought was these pretty sandals that were on sale at Landmark. I love its beaded detail and it’s really comfortable to wear. Moreover, it goes well with shorts and dresses and doesn’t look bad on jeans either. However, after just three months, when I don’t even use it very often, the 2 beads on both pairs were peeled off. I am the type of person who doesn't give up easily on broken stuff I just purchased because I believe that I need to get what I've paid for. Besides, I find it rewarding if I was able to repair broken things and save money. If it’s beyond my ability, I will seek help, but that’s after exhausting all my resources, in other words, seeking help is my last resort.  

So one day, I have decided to replace the beads on my sandals. I rummaged my old beads collection and carefully selected beads that go well with my sandals.

This is what I came up with.


The poor condition of my sandals before I cast my magic spell.  See those awkward discoloration on where the beads were peeled off?

These are my magical ingredients 


1. Thread
2. Needles
3. Scissors
4. Beads

Instead of using glue, like the manufacturer used to hold the beads, I decided to sew it for better hold. The beads I selected are almost the same color of those I lost.


The finish product! Good as new eh? Not really, but at least I can wear it with pride again.


So if you have shoes/sandals on your shoe rack that need repair and you think you can still use it by just doing a little gluing or stitching, I suggest you get your hands dirty, run your imagination and use your creative mind to revive it.  Also, if you don’t want to spend too much on gifts this Christmas, you can look into your loved ones stuff and fix what is broken. I assure you that they will appreciate it. Come to think it, I'll check my sister’s and mom's stuff later and see if I can fix something. Just be careful though, you don't want them to catch you going through their stuff without their permission, they might think you are trying to rob them instead of helping them. In case that happens, don’t lead them to my blog and put the blame in me. Are we clear? 

With that, I leave you with this quote I came with because of this.


 Being crafty can save you money.
(not so genius eh?Deal with it!)

Have a great day my lovelies!

34 comments:

  1. Naku ako din habang kaya pa i save ang isang nasirang gamit e aayusin ko talaga. Sayang namn kasi kung itatapon lang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's leave the comment about the sandals to the girls. haha!
    I agree, you need not much money when buying Xmas gifts, a creative mind will do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ay ang galing!!! :D

    Ako, tamad lang gumawa ng mga ganyan.. di ako masyadong magaling magtahi.. well.. hmm.. I hate needles kasi. Hahah!! LAME..

    Pero parang ang saya nga itry.. parang nagrerecycle na din ng old things, making them look new and alive again. hehe..

    As Christmas gifts.. ako, hindi ako mahilig bumili ng presents. Gumagawa ako.. cards, usually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's artsy!
    Thank you so much for liking our blogs.

    BTW, that green thing is called Lato.Here's recipe for Lato Salad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! It looks so nice. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, sis! :) I usually get rid of things that are broken. Tamad kasi ako. Pero, maybe I can give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. galing! ako rin i try to fix my things that gets broken..basta yung kaya ko gawan ng paraan..hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehe..ang ganda.parang bago lang..what a smart way to save money.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they look better than new. Lovely beads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kasama mo akong bumili ng sandals nayan ate..ang crafty talaga..hehee parang bago lang ulit ang sandals mo ate..hehee

    ReplyDelete
  11. @charles. yes..I might try to write less girly post. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Leah wow.. I might do that this season, making Christmas card. I missed receiving one. thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @peachkins aww.. thanks now I know how its called. I love it. Lato.. I need to remember that. I truly love you and sis's blog. thanks also for always visiting. mwah..

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Umi yay umi.. how are you. I'll visit your blog soon. my internet is stil unstable i am typing so fast now. lol. take care and thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Miss `Chievous haha.. sabi ko na eh. but really sis you should try. for me it's rewarding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @kath hay tama ka. although meron din naman kailangan i-let go? right? :) thanks dear for being here!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @pEarL yes pearl imagine nasira agad. mumurahin kasi haha.. pero you know me, di pede yung ganun ganun na lang, hehe.. i miss you! mwah..

    ReplyDelete
  18. i bet your sandals look better now than before. ill fix stuff only if it requires gluing - as that is how far my patience goes, hehe =)

    miss u sis, sorry ive beeb busy lately....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with you being crafty can save you money:) thank you for sharing such wonderful tips:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha! eh di ikaw na creative :) cute slippers! <3 <3 <3 i miss you! ahh. sorry, ngayon lang comment. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello mayen, miss u and your blog. wow your being creative now, i will follow this tip. btw im hostin g a giveway sis. i hope you can join.http://ritchellebaraquio.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-1st-give-away.html..

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey mayen girl, nice one...it looks so new :-) how i wish i can also do the same, but i just don't have patience on those kind of stuffs...hahahah have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  23. pretty sandals! i love the finished product. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are really creative, sige when we meet dalhin ko lahat ng broken stuffs ko! hahaha joke lang twin sis, pero may napulot akong aral today. Sige from now on gagawin ko yan. I like the idea of stitching instead of using glue! mas okay yun at mas durable.

    *Apir tayo for your creativeness! I miss yah!

    ReplyDelete
  25. kumusta na......maganda ang kinalabasan na tinahi mo...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment.